Call for Papers
The Journal of the Academy of Business Education is a multi-disciplinary journal seeking the following kinds of papers:
Educational research - empirical research that tests teaching practices, student performance and learning environments;
Pedagogy - papers offering interesting or unique approaches to teaching or delivering business education - general or discipline specific
Curriculum - papers addressing interesting or unique approaches to curriculum development and discipline integration
Cases -- well crafted cases that illustrate several important issues to either single or multiple discipline
Literature reviews - papers that offer extensive reviews of current relevant research and thought;
Multi-disciplinary - papers emphasizing multi-disciplinary approaches to business education
Ethics and Moral Values - papers offering guidance in the integration of ethics and moral values in business education.
There are few strict layout requirements for submitting a manuscript for review. Specific style instructions for publication will be provided upon acceptance of manuscript. Style and format requirements that are important for publication are often not suitable for reviewing. However, the following are guidelines are helpful in preparing your manuscript for submission:
1) Manuscripts should be typed, double-spaced and in an easy to read font such as Times Roman (12 point) or Courier (10 point);
2) Cover page should include paper title, authors' names and affiliations and phone number and email address of manuscript contact person. Authors' names should appear nowhere else in manuscript;
3) First page of manuscript should begin with paper title, followed by an abstract of no more than 100 words, then followed by the first section of the paper that should be called "INTRODUCTION";
4) Sections - There should be no more than three levels of headings in body of paper:
Level One headings should be left justified and all caps;
Level Two headings should begin each word with capital letter and left justified;
Level Three headings same as Level Two, but italicized.
5) End Notes - Use end notes only, not foot notes. Number them consecutively throughout the manuscript with superscripted Arabic numerals (don't use foot note feature of software). Place all end notes together at end of manuscript before the REFERENCES section;
6) Equations - Number all equations consecutively and place number in parentheses at the right margin of equation. If you use equation editor, place equation number outside of equation box;
7) Tables - Except for very small tables, tables should be placed at end of manuscript. Make very effort to avoid "landscape" orientations, but we understand this is not always possible. Tables should have centered headings as:
Table 1: Title of Table Should Look Like This
Note in body of paper approximately where table or figure should be placed, as:
Place Table 1 about here
8) Figures - All figures should be headed as in the tables described above, except use the word "Figure" in place of "Table." Each figure must ultimately be provided in camera ready form on a separate sheet;
9) References - References should appear alphabetically by author's last name at end of paper. Citations in body of of paper should be in [brackets]. Only include references actually cited in paper. Examples:
Smith, R. J. "Learning by Doing: Teaching Can Be Fun," Journal of Business Education, 22 (Spring, 1994),77-81.
Jones, R. R., Carol King and Sidney Slack. "Team Teaching Via the Internet," Journal of Educational Design, 7 (No. 2, 1993), 123-144.
In the body of the paper show citations like this [Smith, 1994] or [Jones et al., 1993].
10) There is a manuscript processing fee for members (only one author need be an ABE member) of $50. For non-ABE members within the U.S. there is a $100 processing fee (which includes a one year membership). The submission fee can be paid online by credit card through our Secure Sockets Layer payment system.
(Click here to make credit card payment). Please email your paper to Mario Gabriel Reyes - email@example.com as a MS Word document.
Library/Institution Journal Subscription is $100 and can be purchased here.